Pre-arrival Important Information for International Students
International Students Office
Southwest Jiaotong University
1. Where is Southwest Jiaotong University?
Address of Southwest Jiaotong University
Xipu Campus: Southwest Jiaotong University, West Section, High-tech Zone, Chengdu, Sichuan 611756 P.R. China
Jiuli Campus: Southwest Jiaotong University, No.111, First Section, North of Second Ring Road, Chengdu, Sichuan, 610031, P.R. China
Please note that all international students must register at the International Students Office at XiPu campus (Comprehensive Building, RM 425). There are shuttle buses for transfer between two campuses.
2. Where is the International Students Office for the Registration?
The Registration location on August 24& 25 2016 is the first floor of International Students Dormitory on Xipu Campus (No.11 Hongzhezhai, Please see the campus map)
Except the registration dates, please come to the International Students Office to register on Xipu Campus (RM 427, Administrative Building, Xipu Campus)
3. What you need to do when you plan to leave your home?
Before your arrival, please email us your arrival date and time along with the train or flight number. It will help us to update your registration. A pick-up service which costs RMB 150 per person is available if needed. It is very important for you to send your arrival information to one of the following email address. Email address: Mr. XU Junhua, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Ni Wen, Email: email@example.com
4. To whom you need to contact with at the International Students Office of Southwest Jiaotong University?
If you have any quetion, please contact us
International Students Coordinator:
Mr. XU Junhua
Tel: +86 28 66366343
Fax: +86 28 66366346
5. Pre-Arrival Check List:
You should prepare a folder of documents to bring with you, including:
cValid passport with student visa
cOriginal Admission Letter
cScholarship letter (if applicable)
cNo Objection Certificate (NOC) from your homeland organization (if applicable)
cOriginal and certified copies of your academic transcripts
cPersonal identification documents such as driver’s license or ID card (if applicable)
cMedical Records (Physical Examination Certificate / Reports)
cAttested marriage certificate and birth certificates of your children from the local Consulate or Embassy of P.R. China at your country (For those students who bring their families along with them)
6. Other Important Notes:
1) The Sep. scholarship will be transferred to new scholarship students after September 20th because of OBF (Office of Budget and Finance) system and regulations. In case of certain necessary expenses such as paying the visa application fee, purchasing articles of daily use, please prepare 2000RMB to 5000 RMB cash at least in advance.
2) New students who live in the International Students Dormitory Building need purchase the beddings by yourself after arrival, around 500RMB/set.
3) The registration time: Aug.24 to Aug.25, 2016. If you cannot register within the period due to special circumstances, please inform us your reason and itinerary via Email, otherwise you will be regarded as giving up this admission.
4) Please read the attached Incoming Students Guide, Orientation for New students and the map of SWJTU carefully; you can also visit the website of ISO: http://iso.swjtu.edu.cn for more helpful information!