Alumni Online application
index>Information Show
Reading number:2960  author:管理员  Release time:Dec 21, 2016 11:07:13 PM

Student Visa

Students should apply for visa to study in China at the Chinese Embassy or Consulate-general with the original documents and one set of photocopies of the Admission Notice, Visa Application for study in China (JW201/JW202 form), Foreigner Physical Examination Form (For those who will need to apply for X1) and valid passport. Those who will study in China more than 6 months need to apply for X1 visa and those who will study in China lees than 6 months (including 6 months) need to apply for X2 visa. Students must enter China and register with SWJTU with the above original documents. Those who enter China with X1 visa must apply for the residence permit within 30 days upon their arrival.

For visa issues, please go to International Affairs Office:

Contact: XU Junhua, NI Wen

Tel.: 0086-28-66366343, 0086-28-66367385




Health Verification and Residence Permit

(study in China more than 6 months)

Accommodation Registration

International students shall go through accommodation registration at local police station within 24 hours of entry. The current passport, the copy of passport information page, visa page and entry page and 2 two-inch photos are needed. The local police station will give you the Registration Form, which is needed when you get your residence permit.

 Jiuli Campus:Jiulidi Police Station (Additional document needed: Introduction Letter from International Affairs Office)

Add.:No. 88, Xinghe Road, Jinniu District, Chengdu

Xipu Campus:Xipu Police Station

Add.:No.55, Xiaoyuan Road, Xipu, Pi County, Chengdu


Foreigner Physical Examination

Students who are to stay in China for more than 6 months are requested to bring their passports, Admission Notice and the original Foreigner Physical Examination Form to Sichuan International Travel Health Care Center. The fee is around 400 RMB/person. Those who refuse to re-take the medical examination or are diagnosed with diseases that are not permitted to enter China according to the Chinese laws and regulations will be required to leave China.

Note: Please do not eat and drink after you wake up because the blood test is needed.

Add.:No.1, North Tongzilin Road, Wuhou District, Chengdu


Residence Permit

After the physical examination, students must apply for the residence permit to Exit-Entry Administration Bureau of Chengdu Public Security Bureau with the following .

l   the original passport

l   a photocopy of your passport and your visa

l   3 small size photos

l   Yellow page of JW201/JW202 (given by IAO)

l   Contact Card (given by IAO)

l   Recommendation letter (given by IAO)

l   Accommodation Register Form (given by local police station)

l   Physical Test Result (it is unnecessary for the students who will stay here within one year)

l   Cash (400rmb for one year and 800 rmb for more than one year; the fee will be changed according to the notice of Chengdu Exit-Entry Administration Department)

You HAVE TO go to local police station with your passport again to renew your registration after you get your new residence permit. After which you MUST submit one photocopy of new residence permit to International Affairs Office.

Add:Exit-Entry Administration Bureau of Chengdu Public Security Bureau, Chengdu Tianfu Square

 (Xipu Campus:Take Metro Line 2 from Xipu Station to Tianfu Square Station, nest to Sichuan Science & Technology Hall)


Change Visa Type

If you enter China with other types of visa, you must change it into a study visa within 30 days upon your arrival. Wherever you will stay in China for more than 6 months, you will be requested to do the medical examination and obtain Residence Permit. Expenses incurred in the procedures above shall be paid by the international students themselves.

Leaving the Country after Completion of Study Program

International students must leave China before the visa expires. Those who cannot leave on time must extend their visa in Exit-Entry Administration Bureau of Chengdu Public Security Bureau in advance.


Part-time Job

If international students find a part-time job during their study period, they MUST get the formal Employment Contract from the company and fill the International Students Part-time Job Application from download center and take the Contract and complete application form to International Students Office to get an Agreement. Those students, who want to take the part-time job, are requested to get Part-time Job Visa from Exit-Entry Administration Bureau of Chengdu Public Security Bureau with Employment Contract and Agreement. If you change the company during the employment period, students must report International Affairs Office and Exit-Entry Administration Bureau of Chengdu Public Security Bureau. International students will be fined, detained or repatriated as punishment if you take the part-time job without Part-time Job Visa.  Expenses incurred above shall be paid by the international students themselves.


Extension of Visa or Residence Permit

International students shall come to ISO for extension of visa or residence permit at least 30 days beforethe expiration date.


Note: Students who change your passport shall register at the Exit-Entry Administration Bureau of Chengdu Public Security Bureau with your new passport within 10 days, otherwise, you will be fined. 

to Top   Print this page
News and Events
Contact Us

08:30-12:00  |  14:00-17:30





International Students Office Southwest Jiaotong University RM425, Administrative Building Western Hi-tech Zone Chengdu, Sichuan 611756, P.R.China